Fuel odors. Why your car smells like Gasoline
I get this question ALL the time: "Why does my car always smell like gasoline?"
Here are a few common culprits:
- 1. Loose or leaking fuel injector hose clamps
- 2. Loose or leaking clamps on the fuel supply and return hoses
- 3. Loose or leaking clamps (seeing a pattern here?) on the fuel lines in the trunk
- 4. Cracked or split fuel lines
- 5. Leaking fuel tank (it happens!)
- 6. Rusting fuel tank bottom, particularly on the XJS.
See our Jaguar Parts Store Catalog to order parts.
Can't find the new or used part you need? Complete the Jaguar Parts Request Form: