Jaguar Parts Technical Information
Winter's coming, folks! It's September already, and for those of us located above the equator, we're heading full-steam into fall. Getting snow at this time of year isn't unheard of. Now's the time to:
- Oil Change - Watch for the oil filter O-ring sticking to the block.
- Check/replace your wiper blades.
- Check the operation of your rear window defroster.
- Check the operation of your car heater/windshield defroster.
- Start shopping for snow tires (Blizzak makes a good one.)
- Check/repair your windshield washer, fill it with antifreeze additive.
- Check the condition of your engine antifreeze with a $5 antifreeze checker.
- Clean and tighten your battery terminals.
- Check the battery water level and electrolyte strength (another cheap tool).
- Check the air in your tires.
- Do a full chassis lube. "Zippy Lube" places won't do a good enough job; you're probably going to need more professional care for this job..
- Put together a roadside emergency kit, including water and survival blankets.
- Check the condition of your hoses and belts. Better to change them while it's warm, eh?
- Have your exhaust system professionally checked to prevent carbon monoxide
from leaking into the car.
See our Jaguar Parts Store Catalog to order parts.